Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Thing 2: Lifelong Learning

I suppose "Viewing Problems as Challenges" is one of the most difficult habits for me to master in my progress as a Lifelong Learner. I enjoy working at challenges, when I know the outcome. An uncertain outcome is often a difficult hurdle to jump.

I think it's not so much not knowing what the outcome will be as much as not knowing whether the outcome will be a positive, negative or a "waste of time." However, each of these can be beneficial in their own right. In some situations more can be learned from a negative outcome and its consequences. And sometimes what seems at that particular moment "a waste of time" later turns out to be a stepping stone for another challenge.

1 comment:

James said...

sometimes what seems at that particular moment "a waste of time" later turns out to be a stepping stone for another challenge.

i completely understand. it takes patience and mindfulness to see difficult things through and having faith that you will (probably) learn something no matter the outcome. i think all of us struggle with that.