Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thing 15: Library 2.0

I read through most of the perspectives, well, I skimmed the last few. Having worked in the technology field for 9 years before coming to the library, I have to say that many of their perspectives are "in an ideal world."

I do believe that the technology is advancing at a faster pace than previously, but to say that there will be a complete revolution in libraries in the next 5-10 years is a bit far-fetched. I understand the need to progress with technology and to cater to all types of users and their needs as technology and society progresses. However, I believe that there will never be a point when books are simply not needed and completely replaced by "technology." When the library will become completely virtual as the library is a meeting place, a place for exploration and a place for interaction.

No comments: